Hi, thanks for visiting the blog while it’s still in its infancy. First, a little about me and my plan for the blog:
- Background in strength and conditioning with a heavier focus on applied sport science recently.
- Worked in both football (soccer for those across the pond) and rugby at all levels from grassroots upto senior professionals in varying roles mainly around sport science.
- Recently leaning towards data analytics as a new interest and wanted to start up a blog to help those, like myself, starting out in data analysis but may not have the knowledge to produce everything you want.
- The majority of this will take place through software with no cost involved for a simple reasons.
- Everyone who reads this blog will have access to them.
- Further down the line we may bring in more specialised analytical softwares which have a cost, however this will only occur when it is the only solution or a significant advantage to do so.
- We will start slowly in Excel, along with Power Query or Power Pivot, and build from there.
- R will feature once Excel basics are covered and then we can start to combine softwares to streamline our processes.
Starting from the next post we will cover the steps you might take if you arrived in a job and there was no data collection or analysis happening previously.
Thats it in a nutshell, hope you enjoy the journey and I look forward to learning along with you!
PS – Anything I post about here is by no means the only way or even the best way of doing any of this, simply ways I have found useful and ones that work!